Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Discipline is secret of my success


Discipline is secret of my success: Debashis Das

BHUBANESHWAR: Chess player Debashis Das, who recently became the at the outset Grand Master from Odisha, tells Anirudha Mishra so as to unkind product, train and belief in himself allow brought him achievement. The babyish GM speaks by the side of distance end to end almost his passion, regimen and hope procedure


When did you start taking chess critically?

When a baby, I had poor concentration powers. So, my father Dillip Kumar Das qualified me to fool around chess whilst I was seven-years-old to help develop my concentration powers. After on stage in support of a time or two, I fell critically in love with the game and categorical to turn into it my career.

You allow educated under several coaches, but who was on the whole valuable to you?

My father qualified me the basics and Satya Ranjan Patnaik was my at the outset proficient coach. But in up to date years, I allow learnt a batch from GM RB Ramesh of Tamil Nadu and GM Stelios Halkias of Greece.

How act you plot your game aligned with opponent(s)?

I love to friendly with 'Sicilian Najdorf' and I am much comfortable with it. But in chess, as in other sports, you allow to amend your game according to your opponent's strategy.

What is your day after day training regimen and how would you rate your achievement so far?

I stay single-handedly in Bhubaneswar, away from my parents and keep to a strict regimen, which includes running by the side of smallest amount 6 kilometres a sunlight hours, practising chess and cooking my food. I allow small friends' round and consciously stay away from girls. When far as achievements set out, befitting the at the outset GM from Odisha is very satisfying, but I aspire to be a Super GM. Maintaining Elo points beyond 2600 is my immediate goal.

Who are your favourite chess players?

Like other Indians, I respect Viswanthan Anand, but personally I am a diehard fan of Russian GM Vladimir Borisovich Kramnik. I am plus fond of Indian GMs Krishnan Sasikiran and Abhijeet Gupta.

Who act you think will be the after that GM from Odisha?

Swayamsu Satyapragyan bhai is unquestionably a worthy contender and amongst the youngsters, Swyams Mishra is a dazzling expectation.

Playing chess by the side of elevated levels is quite expensive. How act handle so as to?

I am from a humble background. My parents allow often taken loans to help me take part in tournaments. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Training organizer Achyuta Samant has extended total economic support to me. I owe him a batch.

Apart from the GM title, could you repeat that? Are the other feats so as to allow made you exultant?

It has been a kind journey since 1995, whilst I on track on stage superior tournaments. Though all wins were satisfying but the memorable ones are my at the outset GM norm in World Junior U-20 Championship (Athens, 2012), 2nd GM norm in 15th Dubai Open (Dubai, 2013), 3rd GM norm in Czech Open (Czech Republic, 2013), and the IM title and runners-up in Guwahati Open (Guwahati, 2009). Even the Ekalavya Award and being ranked No 1 in Odisha since October 2013 allow made me very exultant.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment