Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Three new officials ready to take office

John R. Rust hugs his wife, Linda, who campaigned with him all day, after hearing the news that he is the Canton City Council’s newest member from Ward 3, beating out his opponent Farris Yawn in Tuesday’s runoff election
CANTON — The three victors in Tuesday’s runoff elections say they are standing by to take their seats on the area City Council and in the state council in support of District 14.

Filthy McGrew and John R. Rust came not worth it on top Tuesday in the run in support of two seats on the area City Council, and Bruce Thompson was the winner in support of the District 14 seat, according to the unofficial results.


McGrew took home-based the Ward 1 seat on the area City Council with 578 votes, or almost 62 percent of the votes cast, besting her opponent Clint Weatherby, who got 350 votes, or 38 percent.

The Ward 1 winner thought Tuesday night she was eager to progress to product.

“I’m excited,” McGrew thought. “I’m very thrilled, I’m very humbled by the support and confidence the citizens of area had in me.”

McGrew thought she was plus thankful to her opponent in support of running a civil campaign.

“Clint was for eternity a gentleman,” she thought.

Weatherby thought he intended to carry on to try to help area however he possibly will, even if it intended not serving on the congress.

“I am entirely OK with it,” Weatherby thought Tuesday night. “I support the city and look familiar to being an practicing and involved city dweller.”

Rust won the Ward 3 area City Council seat with 558 votes, or almost 59 percent of the ballots cast, greater than Farris Yawn’s 389 votes, or 41 percent.

“I feel wonderful almost the results,” Rust thought Tuesday night. “I’m very humbled.”

Rust thought he was looking familiar to preparatory his product in support of area as soon as doable, although he won’t technically take responsibility until January.

“I’d like to start tomorrow,” Rust thought. “I’d start tonight (if I could).”

Yawn thought he was “disappointed naturally” with not winning the run, but still intended to product in support of area.

“I’m thankful in support of all my supporters and everybody so as to came and voted in support of me,” Yawn thought Tuesday night. “I look familiar to working with the congress to help move area familiar.”

Modish the three-county run in support of District 14, Thompson got 2,981 votes in the runoff, or almost 69 percent of the 4,337 votes cast in the run in support of District 14. That viewing by the side of the polls beat not worth it Laughridge’s 1,356 votes, or 31 percent of the election, unofficial results be evidence for.

Thompson won Cherokee County with 67 percent or 1,523 votes, according to the Cherokee elections responsibility.

Laughridge got 33 percent in Cherokee, 765 unreserved votes.

After the results came in Tuesday night, Thompson thought he was “humbled” by the support and anxious to start product.

“I’m very, very, very thankful to the frequent of Cherokee, Bartow and Cobb in support of since fit to deposit me in the seat as their after that senator,” he thought.

For Laughridge, the support he did receive was heartening, and he thought felt proud of his campaign.

“I couldn’t be happier with my supporters and how we ran our campaign,” he thought Tuesday night. “I can move with my head up from top to toe. All my supporters know so as to we ran it the straight way.”

Considering the support he got, Laughridge thought taking a shot by the side of running in support of responsibility sometime in the hope wasn’t not worth it of the question.

“We’ve precisely got to turn into certain whilst the instant comes we still feel the same way,” he thought. “We’re excited almost anywhere the hope possibly will go in front.”

Although the run had in up to date weeks befall heated, Thompson thought he would be willing to sit down with Laughridge to jargon almost how they might product in concert in support of the betterment of the quarter.



1 comment: